To have a powerful voice in the political process and the future of our communities, we must vote and encourage all of our family members, friends, and fellow congregants to also cast their ballots.
Studies show that online social pressure can actually boost turnout, so we are taking our message viral. We need your help to spread the word on about the importance of voting.
Here are 9 things you can do to Get Out the Vote (GOTV):
- Use the hashtag #VoteKC to Promote the Vote on Twitter and Instagram
- Promote the Vote in your personal Facebook status
- Join the Facebook event “I am voting in the 2012 Election” and invite your friends to the event.
- Tweet or post: “I am voting in the 2012 Election.”
- Share pictures of your “I voted” sticker and other voting moments on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Follow @KansasCityCCO on Twitter and retweet GOTV posts
- “Like” Communities Creating Opportunity (CCO) on Facebook and share GOTV posts with your friends and on your Congregational Pages and Groups
- Share the Communities Creating Opportunity (CCO) Facebook Page to your Friends’ timelines with a note asking them to like the page
- Read, comment on, and share GOTV posts on the Communities Creating Opportunity Blog
Farrah Udell is the Social Media Coordinator at Communities Creating Opportunity. Farrah is a Rosh Hodesh: It’s a Girl Thing! group facilitator at the Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City and volunteers with Jackson County CASA. Farrah graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a Masters in Social Work. Follow Farrah on Twitter @farrahudell